Instructions for Submitting a Digital Photo (Image).
The image file must adhere to the following compositional specifications and technical specifications and can be produced in one of the following ways:
- Take a new digital image with camera.
- Use a image scanner to scan a photograph.
Compositional Specifications: The submitted digital image must conform to the following compositional specifications or the entry will be disqualified.
Person being photographed must directly face the camera.
Head of the person should not be tilted up, down, or to the side.
Head of the person should cover about 50% of the area of the photo.
Person being photographed should be in front of a neutral, light-colored background.
Dark or patterned backgrounds are not acceptable.
Photo must be in focus.
- Photos in which the person being photographed is wearing sunglasses or other items that detract from the face will not be accepted.
- Head Coverings and Hats
- Photos of applicants wearing head coverings or hats are only acceptable due to religious beliefs, and even then, may not obscure any portion of the face of the applicant.
- Photos of applicants with tribal or other headgear not specifically religious in nature will not be accepted.
- Photos of military, airline or other personnel wearing hats will not be accepted.
The submitted digital photograph must conform to the following specifications or the system will automatically reject the E-DV entry form and notify the sender.
Taking a New Digital Image.
If a new digital image is taken, it must meet the following specifications:
- Image File Format: The image must be in the Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG) format.
- Image File Size: The maximum image file size is 240 kilobytes (240 KB).
- Image Resolution and Dimensions: Minimum acceptable dimensions are 600 pixels (width) x 600 pixels (height). Image pixel dimensions must be in a square aspect ratio (meaning the height must be equal to the width).
Image Color Depth:
Image must be in color (24 bits per pixel). 24-bit black and white or 8-bit images will not be accepted.
Scanning a Submitted Photograph.
Before a photographic print is scanned, it must meet the compositional specifications listed above. If the photographic print meets the print color and compositional specifications, scan the print using the following scanner specifications:
Scanner Resolution: Scanned at a resolution of at least 300 dots per inch (dpi).
Image File Format: The image must be in the Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG) format.
Image File Size: The maximum image file size is 240 kilobytes (240 KB).
Image Resolution: 600 by 600 pixels.
Image Color Depth: 24-bit color. [Note that black and white, monochrome, or grayscale images will not be accepted.]
The photos must be recently taken one to submit for the DV-2015 visa lottery program. Not More than 6 months old.
Post your comments, views here. Got any questions ?